You know those characters that you just fall in love with, from the moment they walk onto the page or the scene or whatever medium their story has been told in?
That's been Thorin for me from the first time I read The Hobbit. Bilbo and Thorin and Balin. Three favorite childhood characters ever. <3
Well. Balin in the new Hobbit movie has a less-than-iconic costume, I am in no way capable enough to sew myself a hobbit costume with neat seams and hemming, but Thorin... (I'm just going to stop here and say that I adore Thorin's costume; it's my favorite shade of blue and it happens to be covered in fur--and I love fur.) Thorin's not iconic, persay, but he does have a more recognizable costume than Balin, and it's a gorgeous costume, soooo...
Thorin Oakenshield, son of Thrain, son of Thror, at your service.
I have hair better suited to being Kili than Thorin, and these are cruddy pictures. But. :3 (It's so furryyyyyy)


No comments:
Post a Comment