Saturday, January 26, 2013

Moar Compawny of Kittin Oakenshield, and some legit art

First, some legit art.
American Bobtail cat--looks like watercolor but it's actually COPIC markers on tracing paper. Mysteriously enough, they blend and work JUST LIKE water color on tracing paper. o.o

Next: a Ranger, from John Flanagan's Ranger's Apprentice series. It might be Gilan. IDK. COPICs on tracing paper again.

And...the Compawny of Kittin Oakenshield is a serious project of mine, now. I'm mostly doing it as an exercise in character design, but I would like to turn it into a graphic novel (which shall of course go unpublished XD). So, some Compawny sketches.

1. Bilbo Kittens and Catdalf the gray--color test, I suppose, and working out what they might look like on a comic book page. (or maybe I just wanted to draw Bilbo 'cause he's freakin 'adorable as a cat)

Next: Furrum, or Smeagrowl. He's based on a Sphynx; some quick character design sketches. Still not entirely happy with it, nor am I very good at drawing it consistently. XD (Scan quality is terrible. My scanner ruined it. ;-;)

And some preliminary sketches of the Compawny interacting (with Bilbo because Bilbo is still adorable). 
"I'll have you know I'm a fair paw at conkers";
 "What was that?" "Orcs, most likely." "And Wargs."
"What have I got in my pockets?"
"One collar to rule them all" --changed it to a bracelet in the drawing because a collar would be unwieldy to slip on and off, and forgot to change the text.
"Useless hobbit"
And Bilbo is fed up and snarling.

No comments:

Post a Comment