Basically, Beautiful People is a blog that posts ten questions for people to answer about their characters every month, found here. I decided to try it out, maybe do it for some of my charries. (Also, this gives me something to fill in the weeks I may not have a chapter for you guys. XD)
So here we are with Hela Lokidottir and Abderus from Asgard and Olympus. Usually these questions are only for one character, but since the questionnaire I chose to start with was the
one-year edition of Beautiful People, this one asks you to use two characters and includes five extras on
the relationship between the two characters you chose. Without further ado, let us begin.
1. Do they believe in anything that most people think is impossible?
Hela: How about the existence of nine separate worlds, magic, dwarves, elves, and…someone like me. -lowers gaze self-consciously-
Abderus: We’re considered to be the impossible…so…I believe that answers the question.
(Hela's left half is black, blue, and dead, and the two of them are more or less demigods, which explains their odd answer.)
2. Are they strong, or the "damsel/knight in distress" sort?
Hela: I’m not the type to refuse help if I need it… -not sure how to answer this question without seeming vain-
Abderus: She’s strong. If she’s ever in distress she does her best to fix it herself before she allows someone else to help her.
Hela: He’s the exact same way. Let’s move on.
3. Do they have a special place? (e.g. a corner in his/her bedroom, under a tree...)
Hela: No, I don’t.
Abderus: I don't think I would tell this random person asking the questions if I did have a place.
4. What occupation do they have, or plan on having?
Hela: I am the Queen of the Norse Dead. -sigh-
Abderus: Getting killed in the climax of the story kind of kills dreams. Previously I was the companion of Heracles, though.
5. Describe their current place of residence.
Hela: I’m currently staying in Asgard, visiting my father and brothers. =)
Abderus: Same, only I came with my father to deliver a message.
6. Explain their last crisis. How had they changed when they came out of it?
Me: They had to save the world; by the end of it Hela was even more quiet than previously, though more confident in her abilities. And Abderus was dead.
7. If they could drive any kind of car they wanted, what would it be?
Hela: Drive…a car? O.o I have no need for a car…
Abderus: I haven’t been keeping up too much with Earth technology…a fast car, maybe.
8. How do they deal with change?
Hela: I dislike change and unexpected conflict, but if I must deal with it, I choose the quickest and easiest path to make the change a comfortable one.
Abderus: I roll with whatever has been thrown at me.
9. If they had to amputate one body part, which one would they choose?
Hela: My dead left leg; I have gotten along well enough with a limp for centuries, it wouldn’t be so difficult to adjust to a prosthetic leg or cane.
Abderus: That’s tough. I think I’d choose something relatively minor, such as … Uh. I could handle losing a hand, maybe. Or a foot? It depends on how well they could fix me up afterwards…
10. What would their favorite be at the local coffee shop?
Hela: Hot chocolate, although I would likely let it cool before drinking; my Jotun blood won’t let me drink it any hotter.
Abderus: Uh…coffee is coffee, right? o.0
The extra questions:
1. How did they meet?
Hela: I bumped into him my first day back in Asgard.
Abderus: And I asked if she was all right.
2. How do these two deal with conflict?
Hela: I’m flexible. I’m a daughter of Loki. I am the Queen of the Unchanging Dead. I find the best way to deal with it and do it. The important thing is that the conflict vanishes.
Abderus: Uh…I let myself panic a little and then I just go with the flow, more or less…
3. Do they have a special song, phrase, item, or place?
Hela: …No…to all of them. For both of us.
4. What kind of things do they like to do together?
Abderus: Not get killed. -apologetic grin-
Hela; He died before there was a lot of time for leisure…
5. Describe their relationship as a whole in 3 words, or less.
A borderline romance.
No comments:
Post a Comment