Friday, March 2, 2012

In Which Quill Gets Off Her Tush and Writes Something

I believe the title says it all, my friends.

Anyhoo, yes. I have written something. A lot of somethings actually. But none of them have anything to do with anything I've posted here. I decided my NaNo was worthless and stopped writing it; I still haven't wrangled an outline out for Mirror on the Wall; and while I love George and Kaycee, they don't particularly inspire me.

But my new story, False Black, does. SYNOPSIS TIME!

Black cats used to be revered and respected by the other creatures of Tamasage, for they wielded the most powerful magic of any cat. It was their power that lead to their downfall, as a group of cats dying their fur black to intimidate others and calling themselves the Nightmares decided to recruit or kill every last black cat.

Two hundred years later, there’s only one black cat left: Ketyko. Everyone’s after him − the council of cat mages, the Nightmares, and the wolves − and he’s only got an apprentice mage, Cenel, at his side to help him. Can Ketyko and Cenel evade the Nightmares and the other factions long enough to bring down the leader of the Nightmares and bring the black cats back to Tamasage?

So that's my latest project. I'm very fond of it. I shall be doing it in first person POV from Cenel's POV, even though Ketyko's the hero.

Oh...synopses don't really count as writing, do they?

Okay. Well, you already know I abandoned the mermaids, so here. Have the restarted 100 Story Challenge.

1. Introduction
To everyone else, I was Cenel, the apprentice of the respected mage Otikeli. The apprentice everyone said was destined for greatness. The prodigy. When I first became an apprentice, the Council gave me my mage’s bag and said, “The Council of Mages are honored to be the ones setting you on your path, gifted one.”

Yeah right.

The moment Ketyko came into my life, everything flipped. Now I’m Cenel, the disgraced runaway. The rogue.

The traitor…

The Council sings a different tune now. “Such a shame. She had so much potential, and look at her now.” They’re not rulers, they’re puppets in the paws of that group of mages, the Nightmares. And whoever the Nightmares are against, the Council are against. Now…that includes me.

I’m not sure which definition is right: Cenel the outlaw or Cenel the mage apprentice poster kitten.

But I know one definition that is.

I’m Cenel, protector of Ketyko, apprentice mage, long-haired cat. So what if the Council disowned me? I’ll become a mage anyways to spite them. And when this all is over?

I’ll get my honor back.
-----------
So that's Cenel. Abrasive, cynical, and spiteful, but also unflaggingly loyal and honest. I shall leave you with that while I go off to write more.

2 comments:

  1. Ah... so apparently my message got through. :D

    Like the character. You seem to do a lot with cats.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing, Quill! You're letting your fans down!

    ReplyDelete