Friday, November 23, 2012

Loki with a cat on his head (Also, Starting Over Nine Worlds)


 Loki and Sloan's daughter, Sloan, seems to have inherited Loki's talent for shapeshifting...
(If you can't read the words it goes as follows:
Sloan: Where's Tessie?
Loki: On my head.
Sloan: O_O
Loki: ...I swear I did nothing.)

Now, you can skip all of this if you're only interested in the art. 'Tis only some stuff about my stories and what may show up on this blog next.

So far for Ninth Twilight (Loki's story) I have...
One completed novel at 47,000 words.
One quarter-finished novel at 25,000 words.
Over 10,000 words of extra scenes and planning.
Over 8,000 words of another novel.
One large three-ring binder stuffed full with worldbuilding and characters.

-sound of things landing in trashbin-
I'm scrapping it all and starting over. =D (I'm also not finishing NaNo because there's no point if my worlds are going to change so much the book would be completely useless by the time I finished it.) (So for those of you reading Dragons of Yggdrasil, if there are any of you out there, I'm not going to be finishing that. v_v)

I love this world, don't get me wrong, but it's not going in the way I want it to. I set out to chronicle Loki's story from Ginungagap to Ragnarok, and make it real. I wanted to bring the trickster to life on the page, and his world along with it. Unfortunately, the worldbuilding I had done so far...just wasn't doing this for me. There were too many inconsistencies and little things that I just didn't want.

So yep, I'm starting over from scratch. ^__^ You can probably expect me to be posting worldbuilding snippets on this blog as well as art and the occasional excerpt from now on. XD

On another note, I won't be writing Loki in novels for a while now, so I must also turn my attention to Rayle and her dark futuristic urban science fantasy with dystopian and steampunk elements. (Can you tell I have absolutely no freakin' idea what genre this story is?) I've got to finish that story before the OYAN Summer Workshop, so you may also catch excerpts/worldbuilding from that as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment