Saturday, August 18, 2012

Saminique Taro

Saminique clicked the button on the little cylinder and watched a burst of fire light up the room. The young woman stared in the sudden light, her brown hair falling out of its neat bun. “That’s--that’s Tech!”

“Sure is.” He lit one of the torches on the wall, pocketed his flamethrower again. “There’s no other way to survive down here.”

“But it’s against the law.” Big brown eyes stared accusingly at him.

He looked at her sideways. “And condemning my men to die because I couldn’t go against the law is against my conscience.”

She folded her arms, looking stubborn. “But you know what happened with the Technofall.”

“The Technofall was electric. We run these things on steam.” He raised the torch, gazed down the tunnel. Almost to the place where his Tech-rats made their home. “Ask us no questions and we’ll tell you no lies, miss.”

She fell silent. He was glad of it. He wasn’t used to talking, and he preferred the silence, broken only by the dripping of water down the stone walls and the crackle of the torch.

“They called you the Death Sailor,” she said. “I can’t imagine that’s really your name.”

The name startled him at first. Then he laughed humorlessly. “It’s nothing but a cruel title. Don’t say it again--I’d rather leave that part of my past behind me.”

“Then…what should I call you?”

“My name is Saminique Taro.” He paused at the opening to the tunnel leading to his home. “You can call me Saminique.”
 ----------
His name is Saminique. He's thirty-four years old, with long dark hair pulled back in a ponytail, a defined jaw, long nose crooked from being broken many times, tan skin, and a mechanical finger.

He's chivalrous and noble. He would never hurt a woman for any reason after what the Society did to his two sisters.
He's a ruthless killer who's killed more than his entire gang of scum put together.
He's quiet, and gentlemanly, but he has a wide arsenal of oaths and slang from his time as an assassin and a Tech-rat.
He's a steampunk assassin from the future and I love him to bits. Just wish I could figure out his dialogue.

No comments:

Post a Comment