Monday, July 23, 2012

Another Story Idea. I have no shame.

My goodness. I've been a horrible person about keeping up, haven't I?

Well, guess what. Camp NaNoWriMo, the National Novel Writing Month event in June and August, is just around the corner. And I'm participating. ^__^ So I'll be super busy in August, though I'll try not to forget you guys again.

Have a synopsis for the novel I'm doing for Camp.

Three princes of Asgard.

A warlord of Jotunheim.

Odin's father is dead, his mother sickening. The Aesir are still young, a fledgling group of gods. And Odin's the one who has to take up his father's mantle, rule Asgard, hold them together.

Across the Worlds in Jotunheim, the frost giants are mobilizing. The power-hungry and revenge-driven frost giant warlord Kassoq, a grandson of Ymir himself, knows that Bor's sons (and a certain flame-haired trickster) are the only things standing between him and Asgard's fall.

Will Asgard survive or will the three winters portending Ragnarok arrive early?

Yes, I'm writing another Norse mythology story. I HAVE NO SHAME.

So we have young Odin. He's about twenty or so, a shameless flirt, and struggling to rule Asgard as well as his father did. He's more powerful magic-wise than either of his brothers, which is the reason Bor chose to pass the throne to him rather than to his older brother.

His brother Honir is the eldest. He's more practical, and overly cautious. His biggest problem is keeping Odin and Loki from doing really stupid/foolhardy things together. He acts as the mentor in this story.

Loki, when he's about Odin's age, is reckless, cocky, and arrogant. He's better at clever tricks than Odin and Honir, but his reckless nature often gets the better of him, landing him in ridiculous scrapes. His philosophy to deal with strange things is to poke it with a stick.

Basically, we have a recipe for disaster.

After this we'll get back to our regularly scheduled content, i.e. Asgard and Olympus and other stuff I desperately need to finish.

No comments:

Post a Comment